December 2, 2008

Baby Hayden is here!!

It's official! We're parents! Not that you care, but here's the story......


On November 13, I went to Fetal Diagnostics for an NST (Non Stress Test) at Hoag. My blood pressure was pretty high and a few other tests were elevated as well, so my Dr. decided it was time to induce me!! I was admitted to a LDR room...with the most INCREDIBLE view I might add! The started pushing the pitocin at about 12:30 pm...I continued to labor throughout a LONG LONG night. At about 1 am I couldn't handle the pain anymore and asked for an epidural...but naturally the Anesthesiologist was in an Emergency surgery and couldn't get to me for 2 hours. Let me repeat....2 HOURS!!!!!!! Finally, they checked me at 3 am...I was 5 cm and 90% effaced. I got my epidural and managed to get an hour or 2 sleep. At 6 am they woke me up to check me. I was 10 cm, 100% effaced, and -2 station. In other words....it was time to push! So, at 6:40 am I started pushing. The nurse was awesome and helped me push so it was most effective. Josh had one leg, Mom had the other...and together we got to work! Or so we though...I pushed until 7:15 am and was making awesome progress, when my nurse told me to lay on my side because her shift was over and it was time for a new nurse to come in. WHAT!?!?!?! In the middle of me pushing, you're going to STOP ME!!!!!! Yeah...needless to say, I wasn't happy. So, about 20 minutes later a new nurse came in. Naturally, it was the stupid nurse from hell that I had dreaded the entire time. She walks in, looks at me, and says ok...you can start pushing again. Josh gets my leg again, Mom gets the other, and the nurse is wandering around the room doing who-knows-what while Josh is counting and helping me push through the contractions. After pushing through 2 contractions, the nurse finally goes to where she's supposed to be and looks....and says "Wow...I guess you are ready...I should call the doctor...lay on your side while we wait for her to get here!" WHAT!?!?!?!?!! Once again, I'm in the middle of pushing and you're going to STOP ME!!!!! This time...I sat there for 35 minutes...panting through the contractions cause I wanted to push SO BADLY! Dr. Grouse finally got there...I pushed through 2 contractions, and low and behold....we had ourselves a baby girl at 8:19 am!! Only 20 1/2 hours of labor...and they gave me a baby girl. I feel so blessed.

At 8:19 am on November 14, 2008 Hayden Jo Stofle was born. She weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 1/2 in. long. She looks like her daddy...but has mommy's lips.

We were in the hospital until Sunday, November 16...when they (surprisingly) let us go home. I say surprisingly, because my blood pressures the night before we were supposed to go home were higher than they had ever been before. They let us go anyway...

It was a fantastic experience. I still can't believe that I pushed that little bundle of joy that I had been growing inside of me for 9 months out of me. She truly is a miracle. Below, I will post some pictures of Hayden Jo. Enjoy!!



Hayden just after she was born!




Happy Grandmas!



Happy Daddy!!

1 comment:

The Four on Board said...

i finally read your labor story! yeah my experience...well too long to write here..its on my blog if you know how to go back to previous posts...from i think jan 08 since i probably didnt post until after december was over. i pushed for 3 1/2 hours straight...every contraction..with a nurse only coming in about every 45 minutes. it was troy and i pushing....and no epidural ( not my choice) and she was sunny side up...( face up) which meant back labor ....and i finally said WHEN IS SHE GOING TO COME OUT???? and they were like...hmm...she is still up there a bit!!! we may have to do a c-section....yeah...lets just say i wasnt happy. they used a vacuum and lucy was here. UGH!needless to say we arent working on a second quite yet!