November 12, 2008

We're BAAAACK!!!

So, I discovered that the last time I had posted was when I was 12 weeks pregnant! Wow....how time flies...I am now 37 weeks 5 days pregnant! My pregnancy has been great...I was pretty miserable throught the 1st trimester, but not as bad as many people are...the 2nd trimester was a breeze, and we found out we are having a little GIRL (YAY!!!)...and the 3rd trimester brought me back to work and back to exhaustion, a sore back, and swollen feet/ankles. Our little girl, Hayden Jo, has been growing perfectly throughout the entire pregnancy. She has measured about 2 weeks ahead every time we had an ultrasound. This is totally to be expected since Josh is such a monster (he was about 10lbs. 9oz. and 24 in. when he was born!).

On October 30, a day before I was 36 weeks, I went to a regular doctor's appointment, and they discovered that my blood pressure was VERY high...like 158/98. They took it about 5 more times, and it only went down a little bit, so they sent me to Hoag for observation (SCARY!). I was admitted into a Labor and Delivery Room, put in a gown, hooked up to monitors for about 4 hours, diagnosed with mild preeclampsia, before they finally released me to go home to complete bed rest. I am pretty much allowed to go from bed, to couch, to bathroom, to shower, and up/down the stairs once a day. THAT'S IT! It was a scary realization while sitting in the hospital bed with talks of inducing me that night that I totally did not feel prepared. I had not washed all of her clothes, the bassinet and pack 'n play weren't put together, I didn't have her coming home outfit picked out, no bags packed for myself, and I guess just mentally I did NOT feel ready at just 36 weeks pregnant! Anyway, I'm now almost 38 weeks, and have been able to control my blood pressure and all other preeclampsia symptoms pretty well with bed rest. I go to fetal diagnostics at Hoag 2 times per week for an NST (Non-Stress Test) where they hook me up to fetal monitors and monitor Hayden's heart rate and my contractions for about an hour. They also do an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid level, and blood tests to see how my kidney and liver function are. It's a nerve wracking process to go through each time, as I'm afraid there's going to be something wrong every time I go in there. Luckily, everything has been okay.

So, at my doctor's appointment yesterday, which my wonderful mom and husband accompanied me to, I found out that they are most likely going to admit me and induce me tomorrow! Ahhh! I have some definite worries with being induced, especially since I am only 1 cm. dialated and 50% effaced right now. My doctor said it could potentially end up being a 2 day labor.....oh great. I guess the only thing I want at this point is for the health and well-being of my little girl to be perfect, and for myself to come out of this without any more complications. I am totally open to having a C-Section (which I think is a high possibility), which I have heard is good that I am so mentally prepared for that option.

Anyway, I just wanted to update...eventhough this is a ridiculously long post. I hope to become more consistent with the blog posts once Hayden is born so I can share pictures and keep everyone updated!

Please keep me, Josh, and baby Hayden in your prayers as we continue this journey.....

1 comment:

Brooke-Lynn's Mama said...

Good Luck Lauren, Josh, and Hayden! You're in our prayers!